Published on April 17th, 2013 | by Henri


Finding replacements for old cabinet hardware

Q.    A hinge has broken on my in-laws’ 30-year-old kitchen cabinets and I thought I’d take a shot at repairing it.  They don’t know the brand and the store they bought the cabinets from is long gone. You have occasionally mentioned a business that can replace old hardware; do you think they can help me out? I’d appreciate any leads you can give me.

A.    One company that carries thousands of parts is Blaine Replacement Window & Door Hardware in Hagerstown, Maryland. Their toll-free number is (800) 678-1919 and their Web site is  However, they do not keep inventory of manufacturers’ names and catalog numbers and require you to send the parts you need unless you can find a picture of it in their catalog, which they can send you on request.

Facebookredditlinkedinmailby feather

Tags: , ,

About the Author

Back to Top ↑