Published on June 8th, 2013 | by Henri


Painting a vanity sink top

Q.     I’ve written to you before, and your advice and your column, always, are very much appreciated. The problem this time is one which has become progressively worse. It involves a solid vanity sink top which was manufactured by Formica as a competitive product to Corian; it was 2000X …a very disappointing choice from the get go!

Anyway, the basin area cracked or crazed almost immediately, and has tiny spider type ridges in it — the counter is in beautiful shape which is why I’d like to repair the sink without replacing the whole top. Is there a paint or re-surfacing material you could recommend? Would a professional tub & sink resurfacing handyman be the one to consult? Thank you in advance for your advice.

A.    You can try an epoxy paint made for tub refinishing. Use a foam brush to apply it. Buy it in a hardware store or home center. If you wish to hire a professional, check your Yellow pages under “Bathtubs & Sinks–Repairing & Refinishing.”

Facebookredditlinkedinmailby feather

Tags: , , , ,

About the Author

Back to Top ↑